EuMIGS offers the opportunity to obtain a double degree in the field of Migration Studies on the basis of a two-year master of 120 ECTS-points.
The double degree-programme implies spending the second year of the master studies at one of the other partner programmes in another European country. During this year, students will attend courses and write their master thesis. Supervisors generally come from both programmes. Upon successful completion, students will be issued a master degree by both the host and the home institutions. Since EuMIGS and all partner institutes are members of the IMISCOE Research Network, participants in the programme will moreover become members of the network and will have the opportunity to participate in the Annual Conferences and joint international training activities.
The programme and teaching is in English (please see partner-webpages for language admission requirements!). The language of the master thesis is also English by default. Other languages can be agreed upon with the supervisors from both involved partner programmes.
Participating master programmes (double degree)
- Master in International Migration and Intercultural Relations (IMIB) at Universität Osnabrück, Germany
- Master in International Migration and Ethnic Relations (IMER) at Malmö University, Sweden
- Master in Ethnic and Migration Studies at Linköping Universitet, Sweden
- Master in Social Science with Specialization in Migration and Citizenship Studies at Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Master in Social Policies and Socio-Community Intervention (MOPS) at Universidade da Coruña, Spain
- Master program Sociology with study extension program in Migration Studies at Paris Lodron University Salzburg, Austria
- Master in Sociology, Focus on Migration and Ethnic Studies at University of Liège, Belgium