EuMIGs is a network of Master Programmes in Migration Studies in seven European countries. It offers master students enrolled in any of the participating programmes the opportunity to spend up to one year at another programme in another country. Two different modes of mobility are facilitated by EuMIGs:
- Individual exchanges on the basis of ERASMUS+ grants (max. one semester) and
- a formal Double Degree-Programme in Migration Studies in which students spend the entire second year of their master studies abroad and get issued a master degree from both their home and their host institutions.
The network’s main aims are allowing students:
- to have the chance to specialise according to the specific focal points of their home and host institutions
- to get to know other academic and disciplinary perspectives on migration and related topics
- to discover the migration realities of another country and another city
The EuMIGS-partners represent a wide range of disciplinary and thematic approaches to Migration Studies and closely related topics. Disciplines range from Sociology, Political Sciences and Anthropology to History, Geography, Administration and others. The partner programmes share a high level of academic scholarship, a clear interdisciplinary interest, and a strong research orientation. In all participating institutes, master students are embedded in an environment of top-level research and academic activities. All partner institutes are members of the IMISCOE Research Network, the most important and largest network connecting scholars in the area of migration and integration in Europe. Master students have the opportunity to participate in the Annual Conferences of IMISCOE and international training activities.